Saturday, March 14, 2009

Why am I up?

So it's 3 a.m. I have nothing to be doing. I'm dead tired. I've had a long day. I should be asleep and yet... I can't sleep. I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now and tonight, at 3 a.m., after a long day, while I should be sleeping, it seems like the right time. This whole blog thing is probably a terrible idea. I've always wanted to start a blog but I always feel like my life isn't interesting enough to actually fill a blog but here goes...

So I guess the question is... why am I up at 3 a.m., when I've had a long day, and I should be asleep? Well, I think its because I've found something totally productive that I really love doing. I love doing research. Currently I am doing research in a research program (who would have thought of that... research... in a research program?) where I look at the NFL Draft. I am trying to find a better way to valuate different draft picks. I have to say, for me, it's a blast. I really have enjoyed it. In fact, it's all I can think about. I want to avoid school, I stay up to late hours when I should be asleep (tonight for example), and I am constantly thinking about it when I'm doing other things. It's like a drug addiction that I can feel good about feeding. I get paid for doing something I can't wait to get back to. It's awesome. And it leads me to something I've been thinking a lot about lately.

As I see so many of my friends and family trying and struggling to figure out what to do with their lives I can only think of one advice. Find something you love doing and go do it. I'm reminded of the Harvey MacKay quote "Find something you love to do and you'll never have to work a day in your life." So true...

Well I have many more thoughts I would like to blog about but it is quickly approaching 3:30 a.m. and is definitely time to try to go to bed... Goodnight

1 comment:

  1. yay! this is amazing. i hope you were able to get some sleep, but i'm so excited for all of your future thoughts.

    ReplyDelete